Transporting Seniors in Kent County
Hope Network is honored to coordinate RideLink, a network of area transportation providers.
RideLink offers transportation to persons aged 60 or older to any destination, including doctor visits, recreational visits, and shopping trips within Kent County.
Providers include Hope Network Transportation, Senior Neighbors, Kent County Community Action, United Methodist Community House and The Rapid.
Transportation providers include the following:
- You must pre-register to use RideLink.
- RideLink passengers are encouraged to make a $2.00 requested fee for service per trip. This helps make RideLink available to more seniors in the community and contributions are very appreciated!
- This service is available Monday through Friday
- Service hours are Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m.
- There is no service on:
- New Year’s Day
- Easter Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
Points of Interest:
- There is a two grocery bag-sized parcel limit – no exceptions.
- Trips are scheduled to any address within Kent County.
- Will-call returns are offered for medical appointments only and must be requested no later than 3:00 p.m.
- Only the registered client will be allowed RideLink transportation, escorts are not allowed. Under extreme conditions, a personal care provider may be allowed and will be determined by the RideLink Coordinator.
- Passengers are required to be ready to be picked up 15 minutes before their scheduled time. RideLink has a pickup window of 15 minutes after the scheduled time. Drivers do not go inside buildings for passengers.
- Personal care attendants and service animals are allowed to ride with you at no cost. Please ensure you are letting the call center know if you will have a personal care attendant or service animal accompany you.
- RideLink transportation is funded through the Kent County Senior Millage and pre-registration is required. You can register online by clicking the registration tab above. If you would prefer to have a registration form mailed to you, you can call RideLink at 844.694.6589.